One flexographically printed poly shipping bag. One flexographically
printed corrugated box that doubles as an easel for display purposes.
One CD-ROM containing many new process control test elements and
tools. One book with 328 pages broken down into 8 chapters. Input
and updates from hundreds of industry experts from around the
globe. This is FIRST 4.0. It’s here folks, and it’s
Since the premier edition (debuting in 1997), FIRST has become
the most comprehensive, most frequently referred to, technical
resource for the flexographic industry. Its aim is to provide
all participants in the flexographic reproduction process (i.e.
customers, designers, prepress providers, raw material & equipment
suppliers, and printers) with a common set of guidelines, tutorials,
targets and tolerances that can be used as communication and production
tools. When adhered to, the specifications outlined in FIRST 4.0
will help all members of the supply chain improve quality, reduce
cycle times, minimize rework and waste, and facilitate producing
a predictable, consistent result, printrun after printrun.
FIRST 4.0 gives you the tools you need to...
• Optimize your processes
• Improve color consistency
• Minimize waste and downtime
• Increase throughput and productivity
4.0 has expanded coverage on...
• Print optimization, fingerprinting, characterization &
• Process color calibration
• Near-Neutral Calibration (G7TM)
• Color management
• Color measurement and tolerancing
• Substrate attributes and testing
• Specialty inks and coatings